Everybody needs a little kick in the butt sometimes.
We get comfortable with routine, pride ourselves on past success, and fear new things.
That’s why these exercises are the perfect fit.
Each exercise is derived from familiar parts of successful routines, with just a twist to make them newer and more effective.
1. Seated over-head press combined with a stand: Over-head presses are a staple exercise of many programs. They are great for full shoulder development. To increase the intensity for this exercise, stand up from the seat after pressing the barbell or dumbbells over head. Return to a seated position before lowering the weight. This will improve shoulder stability, core strength, and leg strength.
2. Weighted burpees: Burpees are a great exercise to use as a warm-up, finishing exercise, or to an aerobic component in the middle of your workout. To up the intensity, hold on to a pair of light dumbbells. Don’t go too heavy; the dumbbells are to add intensity, not increase strength or muscle size.
3. Renegade rows with pushup and hand walk: OK, so this is one hell of an exercise with two twists added. That being said, be sure you have enough core/shoulder strength and stability. Start in a pushup position, with your hands holding dumbbells. Perform a pushup, followed by a renegade row. After completing the rows, walk each arm forward, followed by each leg so you are again in a pushup position.
4. Lunge with pass through: For these lunges, you will use only one dumbbell or kettlebell. Begin by holding the weight in your right hand, lunging with the left leg forward. As you reach the bottom of the lunch, pass the weight through your legs to your left hand. Perform a lateral (side) shoulder raise as you return to a standing position. Repeat on the other side, alternating for reps.
This article was shared with the authors written permission. The article can be found on examiner.com.
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020
- 4 Widgets To Improve Conversion On Your Fitness Studio’s Website
- The Fitness Business Podcast | COVID-19 Planning: Action Plan & Tips for Fitness Business Owners & Managers
- Studio Member Retention: 3 Tips To Improve During The March Slump
- 4 Mistakes To Avoid Before Opening Your First Fitness Studio