Sweet potato soup (adapted from AWW) – serves 8 (GF)(v)
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 1.5kg sweet potato, cubed
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1L water
- Cream to serve *
- Heat oil in a large stock pot. Add sweet potato, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add rosemary, lemon zest, stock and water and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Process soup until smooth. Stir in lemon juice.
- Divide among serving bowls and drizzle with cream.*
(*omit cream if you want to keep this soup vegan).