The freaky warm weather that many of us Sydneysiders have been experiencing lately means that we both are fortunate enough to be spending more time outdoors, but also that we need to start shedding those last few kilos. In order to do this, you’ve got to start cutting calories and spend more time working out. Fortunately, cutting calories is easier than many people think. Here are four ways to cut unwanted calories from your diet, and increase the number of nutrients in your diet too!
1. Replace pasta with spaghetti squash:
When cooked, spaghetti squash looks just like spaghetti. Use it in place of noodles, top it with a protein source, or other veggies just as you would a normal pasta dish. This will cut calories, and add an extra serving or two of vegetables to your diet.
To cook, spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and place face down on the tray. Cook on high at 350 degrees for an hour. The squash is ready when the flesh starts to turn a bit brown. Use a fork to scrape out the flesh and enjoy.
2. Switch flavoured yogurt for plain yogurt:
Flavored yogurt (yes even those with fruit) have added sugars and sugar = increased calories. If you need to add some flavor to your yogurt, add fresh fruit to the mix.
3. Replace instant oatmeal with regular oatmeal
Much like flavored yogurt, instant oatmeal contains added sugar. Regular oatmeal does take a bit longer to cook, but you can control the additives. Milk, fruit, dried fruit and nuts are all great additions to oatmeal, and they will help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Use Italian, Balsamic, or Vinaigrette dressing on salads:
Most dressings contain added sugar or high fructose corn syrup, which are not too good for your waistline. These three dressings get most of their calories and flavor from healthy fats, seasonings and natural flavor sources. There are a wide variety of brands and flavors to choose from to prevent boredom. Just be sure to avoid any creamy varieties.
This article was shared and edited with the author’s written permission. The article orginially was posted on examiner.com.
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020
- 4 Widgets To Improve Conversion On Your Fitness Studio’s Website
- Facebook Ads: Boost Posts or Use Ad Builder? What’s Best for Your Fitness Studio?
- The Fitness Business Podcast | COVID-19 Planning: Action Plan & Tips for Fitness Business Owners & Managers