Research from the University of Barcelona, Spain on 3995 people found that those who drank one cup a week of gazpacho soup lowered their blood pressure by up to 27%.
Gazpacho is a raw soup containing tomatoes, cucumber, garlic and olive oil which have all been found to reduce blood pressure individually but the soup delivers them in one serving. The high carotenes, vitamin C and polyphenols content outweighs the adverse effect of the salt.
Now that summer is here make your own delicious gazpacho soup with the following recipe:
8 ripe tomatoes and 1 cup of tomato juice OR 2 cans of organic tinned tomatoes
1 red onion peeled or 2 shallots
4 lebanese cucumbers or 1 english cucumber
1 red capsicum, cored and seeded
3 large garlic cloves
1 small red chilli,seeded ( use less if you don’t like too much heat)
1 cup of filtered water
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Juice and zest of a lemon
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp fresh basil or parsley (optional)
pinch himalyan or celtic salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
If you are using fresh tomatoes cover with boiling water for 20 seconds then peel. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth add more water if necessary.
Garnish with extra chopped tomatoes, cucumber and basil.
Add 1 tbsp of ground almonds,or use extra red capsicum, or use juice and zest of an orange or lime.
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020
- 4 Widgets To Improve Conversion On Your Fitness Studio’s Website
- Facebook Ads: Boost Posts or Use Ad Builder? What’s Best for Your Fitness Studio?
- The Fitness Business Podcast | COVID-19 Planning: Action Plan & Tips for Fitness Business Owners & Managers