Try this mexican inspired meal to power up your workouts.
For the potatoes:-
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
Red chili powder to taste
3 tbsp lime juice
For the cabbage slaw:-
2 heaping cups shredded cabbage
1/4 cup finely diced yellow onions
2 heaping tbsp chopped coriander
Juice of 2 limes
For the beans:-
1 tsp rice bran oil
1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 corn cob, cooked
Juice of 1 lime
1 x Burrito
Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Place peeled and diced sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet. Top with chili powder and lime juice. Toss together until all of the potato chunks are coated. Place in the oven to bake until softened through and toasted brown. This usually takes about 40 minutes.
While the potatoes cook, assemble the coleslaw: In a medium bowl, place cabbage, yellow onion, and chopped coriander. Add lime juice. Toss to coat and set aside. Letting the cabbage slaw sit will help soften the cabbage.
To cook the beans, heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and cook until transluscent, about 3 minutes. Add ground cumin and stir until fragrant. Add beans and lime juice. Cook until heated through. add corn.
Heat the burrito wrap in a hot saucepan with just a touch of oil. Heat through and serve with potatoes, beans, and slaw.
This article was shared and edited with the author’s written permission. The article originally appeared on www.starloz.com.
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020
- 4 Widgets To Improve Conversion On Your Fitness Studio’s Website
- The Fitness Business Podcast | COVID-19 Planning: Action Plan & Tips for Fitness Business Owners & Managers
- Studio Member Retention: 3 Tips To Improve During The March Slump