375g fresh or tinned sweetcorn kernels
1 litre chicken stock
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1cm piece ginger, peeled & grated
1 large chicken breast, whole & skinned
1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoon water
1 egg white beaten with 1 teaspoon water
Puree half the sweetcorn with 1 cup of the stock in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
Pour the remaining stock into a saucepan, add the ginger and bring to a simmer. Poach the chicken breast until cooked though, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove the chicken breast and shred.
Add the spring onions, pureed sweetcorn, remaining sweetcorn and shredded chicken to the saucepan. Heat until simmering.
Take the saucepan off the heat and blend in the cornflour mixture stirring quickly. Return to the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Take the saucepan off the heat again and add the egg white while stirring. Continue to stir until the egg white sets in threads.
Garnish with spring onions.
This article was shared with the author’s written permission. The article first appeared on www.starloz.com.
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020
- 4 Widgets To Improve Conversion On Your Fitness Studio’s Website
- The Fitness Business Podcast | COVID-19 Planning: Action Plan & Tips for Fitness Business Owners & Managers
- Studio Member Retention: 3 Tips To Improve During The March Slump