Gluten-Free, Healthy Banana Bread
• 2 cups almond meal/flour
• 3 ripe bananas, smashed
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 3 eggs
• 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I used the juice from an actual lemon rather than the bottled kind)
• 1/4 cup flaxseed or chia seed (I went for the flaxseed option)
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Combine banana (already mashed), honey/syrup, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bi-carb soda and lemon juice with spoon or immersion blender.
3. Add the almond meal and whatever you picked out of chia or flax seeds.
4. Grease a small loaf tin with oil (I just used spray canola oil – easy as!), and pour your mixture into it – spread it evenly with the spoon.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the skewer trick works! (it comes out dry) 😉
6. When it’s ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool before serving/taking it from the tin.
7. Get creative with how you serve this delicious bad boy up! You could have it for brekkie or a snack, with a dollop of yoghurt and some mixed berries on top. A sprinkle of coconut wouldn’t go astray either. Slather some good ol’ trusty nut butter on it, with a few extra slices of banana. Another awesome way to eat healthy baked goods is by crumbling them on top of smoothie bowls!
This article was shared with the author’s written permission. The original article can be found on runningshoeschocolatemousse.com.
- Getting Out of Tactical Execution Mode and Back to Strategic Decision Making
- Team Building in a Tight Labor Market
- Building Team Consensus Around Complex Topics
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020