Enjoy this easy delicious chocolate cake that no one will believe is healthy. Rich in iron, magnesium and zinc. And surprisingly its vegan too.
1.25 cups of wholewheat flour
1 cup rapadura*
0.3 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla essence
0.3 cup of vegetable oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
0.5 cup rapadura*
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp soy milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Dessicated coconut or sesame seeds ( optional)
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Mix flour, rapadura, cocoa, baking powder. Add water,vanilla,oil and vinegar. Pour into a baking tin and cook for 30 minutes. Allow cake to cool.
Heat all the topping ingredients in a saucepan and mix until its a smooth paste, spread over the cake and decorate with dessicated coconut or sesame seeds if required.
* Rapadura is pure whole sugar cane juice that has been evaporated into a grainy sugar. Unlike other sugars its a wholefood containing all the vitamins and minerals and has not been subject to high heat.
This article has been shared with the author’s written permission. The original article can be found at www.stivesclinic.com.au.
- Getting Out of Tactical Execution Mode and Back to Strategic Decision Making
- Team Building in a Tight Labor Market
- Building Team Consensus Around Complex Topics
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020