For some people, the word “running” is just a synonym for “couldn’t think of anything worse in the world,” and they’d probably rather poke themselves in the eye, or go live in a far away cave with a couple of bears, than run at all.
For me though, running is completely different- it’s something I love to do. There’s nothing better than finding a wide, open track, that disappears into the distance, taking a deep breath and just going for it. For me, it’s a sense of freedom like no other.
Running is a bit of a no-fail, go-to remedy for everything in my life. If I’m feeling overwhelmed and stressed- it’s nothing a good run can’t fix! Even if I’m excited or happy about something. Having that valuable time to myself to think and reflect, or even just switch my mind off for a bit, is so important to me, and I’m not sure what I’d do without it.
(Note: for those who just don’t run, such pondering of their existence and the meaning of life itself can also be done in the shower!)
I’ve only just started getting into the race side of things this year, and it’s all very new and exciting to me! I plan to document my training for any big events coming up, and my results I end up getting!
This article was shared with the authors written permission. The article originially appeared on www.runningshoeschocolatemousse.com.
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020
- 4 Widgets To Improve Conversion On Your Fitness Studio’s Website
- The Fitness Business Podcast | COVID-19 Planning: Action Plan & Tips for Fitness Business Owners & Managers
- Studio Member Retention: 3 Tips To Improve During The March Slump