Athletes have known that drinking watermelon juice before an intense workout prevents muscle soreness but now its been proven. Research from the Technical University of Cartagena in Spain found that those that drank 500 mls natural watermelon juice before an intense workout had almost no aches and pains in their muscles the next day.
Encarna Aguayo and her colleagues suggest its due to the watermelons unusual amino acid ( L-citrulline also found in garlic and onions ). Interestingly the results were better with natural rather than juice enriched with extra amino acid because the amino acid in the natural juice was more bioavailable. It was a small study but try it out for yourself, watermelon is a great antioxidant packed with muscle building properties.
For a delicious pre workout watermelon smoothie recipe click here
( J Agricult Food Chem,2013;61:7522)
- Getting Out of Tactical Execution Mode and Back to Strategic Decision Making
- Team Building in a Tight Labor Market
- Building Team Consensus Around Complex Topics
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020