Like any other exercise or intense physical activity, make sure that you are medically cleared for a heavy workout. HIIT is designed for those with a baseline level of fitness in terms of endurance, strength, coordination, and balance. The pace of the workout is fast and the exercises are continuous. If you are not sure about your fitness level, you can try the workout for 1 set at a slower pace. Rest whenever you need to.
Warm up for 5 to 10 minutes before doing the exercise routine and cool down properly after the workout.
Here’s a 10 minute High Intensity Interval Training workout that will surely burn calories in less time:
The pattern of this HIIT is 20 seconds continuous work to 10 seconds of active rest (20 seconds ON, 10 seconds OFF) done for 2 straight rounds per exercise. You will be doing only two exercises: Sidewinder Mountain Climbers and Toe Touch Jacks.
This article was shared with the author’s written permission. The original article can be found on coachbillygoco.com.
- Getting Out of Tactical Execution Mode and Back to Strategic Decision Making
- Team Building in a Tight Labor Market
- Building Team Consensus Around Complex Topics
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020