It’s no secret that I’m a big believer in feeding your body the best foods you can to keep you in tip-top condition year round, and making sure you’ve got the tonnes of energy you need to do the things you love in life!
I personally like to eat as clean as possible, meaning that I love whole, healthy foods that are closest to their natural state- think a whole lotta veggies, fruit, whole grains, healthy fats, plant-based proteins… you get the idea. 🙂
Eating clean is definitely not a diet by any stretch of the imagination, it’s simply a lifestyle of eating healthily 80% of the time to nourish your body.
Don’t get me wrong, 20% of the time I’m totally down for a cupcake or two… or four. With a side of Dairy Milk chocolate. (And maybe a sneaky hot chip session thrown in too…).
Everything in moderation, kids!
There are so many incredible benefits both physically and mentally, to eating clean most of the time:
- Increased energy
- Easy weight maintenance
- Improved overall health and immunity
- Healthy skin
- Increase in lean muscle
- Decreased instances of certain diseases, like cancer and diabetes
- Less impact on the environment, as the foods are minimally processed
- Less expensive than buying lots of packaged foods
- Sustainable- unlike fad diets, clean eating is a holistic approach you can keep up for life!
I thought I’d include a bit of a list of all the things I typically (read: always!) buy when I hit up the supermarket.
I swear every time I go, I grab the same food, I even have a specific route through the supermarket and I don’t even have to think; just grab! Super convenient, and no brain power necessary. Perfect. 😉
Mixed frozen berries
Avocado (still refuse to believe this is a fruit… I will fight to the bitter end!)
Dates (okay so they kinda snuck in here and don’t really fit… but they needed a mention because they’re so damn good.)
Nuts, seeds, oils & nut butters:
Almond, brazil nut and cashew nut butter (try saying that one three times fast, I dare ya!)
Poultry & fish:
Tuna (in cans it makes life a billion times easier!)
Free range eggs
Wholemeal bread (Helga and Burgen are hands down my favourites!)
Beans & lentils:
Almond milk (Almond Breeze is delicious! Great for baking, oats, pancakes…)
Natural yoghurt (Chobani is incredible, if you see it, nab it, ASAP! I’m telling you)
Things I’m dying to try:
Nutritional yeast (apparently tastes just like cheese?! I’m sold.)
What’s on your shopping list?
This article originally appeared on https://runningshoeschocolatemousse.com. It has been shared with the author’s permission and has been edited from it’s original content. The original article can be found at: https://runningshoeschocolatemousse.com/foodie-faves/.
- Getting Out of Tactical Execution Mode and Back to Strategic Decision Making
- Team Building in a Tight Labor Market
- Building Team Consensus Around Complex Topics
- How To Ensure Proper Customer Data Transfer When Migrating Out Of MindBody
- The Most Popular Wellness And Fitness Trends In New York For 2020